Friday, July 21, 2006

Crash Helmet


As I was primping in front of the mirror this morning I decided my helmet was looking a little too plain. Normally I won't wear my green helmet with brown slacks, usually the orange one adds a nice contrast in color, but today I was feeling a little frisky in the clothes department. At first I liked the smooth, shiny surface of the helmet, but today isn't a reserved sort of day, I needed something with a little pizazz, a little flair, something with a bit of sartorial charm. I tried using markers to paint pretty pictures, but firstly the color choices are few and far between because I so often use markers I tend to run out of ink (well, that and I chew on the ends, which Mother just despises), and secondly the marker just rubbed off when I touched the helmet. With that plan gone I decided to actually paint pretty pictures with my water colors. Well, as I'm sure you've already guessed, the colors just ran off. That's when the light bulb blew. Not because I had an idea, but because after two months it finally burnt out. But it did illuminate one alternative: stickers. Usually, Mother doesn't allow me to have any stickers because of the refrigerator incident. And the car incident. And the dog incident (I still maintain my innocence, Mother!). But I know where she keeps them. After rooting through multiple drawers in Mother's dresser, and trying on a strange black lace number, I finally found my stickers. Then came the quandary of the day: which stickers do I affix to my helmet? Superman? Scooby-Doo? The Princess Collection? So many choices, but ultimately I knew there was only one that would do my Army green helmet justice: The Princess Collection. Now I'm looking pretty cool. You should have seen the looks on the faces of each passers-by as I walked to the comic book store. Man, did I turn heads or what?!? Sure, Mother will be upset (especially when she sees what I did to her black lacy garment), but I feel complete. I'm thinking tomorrow I might go the rebel route and wear jeans with the black helmet. That ALWAYS gets the girls. Especially when I wear the purple jeans.

0 comments: